Friday, August 17, 2012

Star Wars Celebration!

                I had decided a few months ago not to go Star Wars Celebration.  I orginially thought I would be going to Dragon*Con.  Then our contract has been up and down.  Talks of paycuts and layoffs were in everyone’s ears.  I decided to not deal with the cons and just not think about going to Dragon*Con or Star Wars Celebration. 
                Then we get the news about our contract.  We have a paycut, but at least we have a job.  We are able to use our leave on a “borrowing” system.  I’m deciding that I’ll go to Dressage at Devon this year.  It’s a big horse show and our association sponsors a class on Thursday.  Not everyone seems to be going this year.  But I’m going to use my “borrowed” leave and take off for that.
                Star Wars Celebration is still in my head.  I want to go yes.  I went back and forth with myself.  I’m not a spontaneous person and planning a trip less than a month away is too much like spontaneity for me to deal with. 
                I’m going.  I decided on Wed that I’m going.  Thanks to a bit of peer pressure from my coworker.  I booked my plane ticket and my hotel room.  I haven’t had a “vacation” really since end of Sept last year.  I will be at the con, but my ass is definitely going to have some time in one of these lounge chairs poolside at the Hilton Orlando. 
                If you see me, say hi.  I don’t bite much.  I haven’t planned my schedule out fully, but I’m going to the Kevin Smith thing on Thursday night.  I’m pretty much going to be a free spirit going where I will and want.  I think the only thing I really really want to do is attend the From World War to Star Wars panel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment