Friday, November 26, 2010

Where To Shop?

Boot shopping=Total Mental Failure.

If you're like me and blessed with a nice muscular calf you love/hate boot shopping.

Now people have had luck shopping online and others have had better luck going to a tack shop.

Online
I'll recommend online shopping only if you measure yourself and you can fit within the fitting chart. (Fitting post will come soon)

Here are a few of the more popular sites:
Dover Saddlery (They have stores too.)
Smart Pak Equine
Dressage Extensions
Equestrian Collections
HorseLoverz

In Store
If you have big calf/weird measurements/fitting chart is a little funky to you I'd recommend going to the store.
Take your breeches with you!!!
I'll explain more in the fitting post, but generally you always wear your normal riding clothes when you try on breeches. Thick/Thin fabrics can affect your fit.
Feel like a boob taking your uniform with you. Some folks may think you're a wierdo, but most horse people don't care. If it generates business they'll get over it.

I can't recommend local tack shops, unless you're in the Virginia/Maryland area. But I have friends across the country, so if you need a recommendation I can always ask my buddies of local tack shops in the area.

Next Topic: The Great Zipper Debate

No comments:

Post a Comment