Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Dehners


Now I won't be using these awesome boots for my Imperial Officer but you can see an example of a great pair of dress boots. Now I'll go over a few things about these boots with the pictures.

The spurs are not needed. I just finished at a horse show and didn't take them off. Now if you look at the top of the boots, you'll see I have what they call a Spanish Top. I'm a shortie, so any way to make my leg look longer I'll take it.

Now these are customs. I have to send these boots back to get tweeked, but I was waiting after my show season was over. 1. They are a touch to tall, as you can see the leather is bending at the top. They need to be 1/2" shorter.

Another thing is that when I was measured last Christmas I was 15lbs heavier than what I weigh now. hurray for lost weight! bleh for remeasuring things. But I'll take the lost poundage. A properly fitting boot should fit like a glove. No gappies one nice piece of black leather to all the way from top to bottom.


This is US Olympian Steffan Peters. If you look at his boot you can see what I'm talking about. There are not gaps on the top of the boot. His boot is nice and streamline. If you're curious about how he got his boots so extra shiney and sparkly, most of the upper level riders tend to get their boots made out of patent leather. So it has that extra sleek glossy finish. So when it's clean it jumps right out at you. So don't have a heart attack if your boots are just shiney not supper smacking hit you in the face shiney like his are.


No comments:

Post a Comment