Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Museum Replica Boot Review

kiyotei from the Imperial Officer Corps bought the Musuem Replica boots. If you're not aware Musuem Replica uniforms have been 501st approved (but a few mods), so it is an option, but here's one review on their boots.


I ordered a pair from Museum Replica's and was very excited to get them. When I opened the rather small box, I found that the boots had been rolled up and bound with a rubber band. This created a horrible crinkle pattern in the leather of the shaft of the boots. I considered the boots unusable at that point. They looked terrible with all the cracks. I did inspect the quality of the boots and was very disappointed. The black leather outside is just a thin veneer of black leather glued over some other material (not sure what, leather, vinyl?). I returned the boots. I'll stick with my more expensive equestrian boot.

-End Review-

My take: If you know leather you can tell the quality of the leather by a picture. Good leather looks good. There are a few companies that use leather made/tanned in India. This leather is usually brittle and cheap. And just by glancing at the picture, I wouldn't spend $225 for these boots.

Thanks kiyotei for the review!

No comments:

Post a Comment